I know it’s not Fall yet. But when the sun begins to slant and there’s a crispness in the air, I start thinking about all the things that make fall so exciting. How many of the following are also on your list?
- The scent of plants going to sleep
- The crunch of fallen leaves
- The crispness in the air
- Pulling on sweaters and boots
- A hearty soup simmering all day in the crockpot
- Carving a pumpkin.
- A mug of hot cider with a cinnamon stick
- Kids and parents walking to school
- More time to snuggle under a blanket with a good book
- Searching for the perfect Thanksgiving recipes
- Having friends over
- Taking long walks and not getting overheated.
- Orange, red, and yellow trees.
- Early Christmas shopping
- frosty morning air
These are just a few of my joys of fall.
Each year, I’m grateful that God has given me another season to enjoy my husband, children and grandchildren, to write more stories, practice the piano, hang out with good friends, read more books.
What are your fondest fall joys?